Magallanes Shipyard offers services in the following areas:
- Emergency repairs in the areas of hull, superstructure, sonar domes, propellers, rudders, thrusters, diesel engines etc.
- Telephone: (56-61) 2203624
- Cel.: 9-8845507
- Numerical control machine : Four torch oxiprano, parallel cut, up to 75 mm, plate form 2,5 m * 6 m, moreover cut with plasma up to 25 mm.
- Guillotine: Cut plates, 3 m wide and 13 mm thick, in carbon steel.
- Cylinder machine: Cylinder plates, 2 m wide, up to 2.5 m radius and 16 mm thick.
- Folding machine: Fold plates, 3 m wide and 16 mm thick. Press: Capacity 200 ton.
- Design vessels in steel, up to 50 tons of thick register
- Realize transformations in war ships, commercial ships, fishing and auxiliary vessels, using softwares Autocad and Ram Advance to analyze and calculate structures, through finite elements.
- Study and analysis of stability through software Autohydro Release 6.0.0.
- Design for the construction of heliports in vessels.
- Design for mooring buoys and services for ships up to 1.000 tons displacement.
- Drydocking and refloating studies for vessels up to 3.570 tons of displacement.
- Design of decompression chambers and containers in pressure.
- Mechanize major parts such as : propeller shafts, white metal horns, blades of variable pitch system, for example, using horizontal lathes, 1.3 m turning and 10 mm long.
- Mechanize and confection of propeller spinners, using a vertical lathe with 1.5 mts. turning and 0.8 high.
- Milling gearings, all kind, and fabrication of keyways for propeller shafts, through a milling machine up to 800 kg, 1.8 mts long and 0.8 diameter.
- Recovery of rudders and variable pitch centers, capacity of 3.000 kgs, 1.2 mts. turning and 1.6 mts high.
- Fabrication of keyways for propellers, coupling, internal gearing, and others.
- Mechanize "on site" with portable machines, such as, bar lathe, maximum diameter of work 0.6 mts. and 3 mts. long, drills with magnetic base.
- Recovery of parts through metallization, Spray Arc system.
- Dynamic rolling through a machine, IRD, assembly capacity for different kind of rotors, such as electric rotors, turbo-loaders, inertia handwheel, propellers, large diameter coupling; according to the following restrictions:
- Rotor weight between 2 and 2.250 kg.
- Rotor maximum diameter 2 mts.
- Distance between supports from 150 m till 8.500 mm.
- Rolling "on site" (in two planes)
- Laser alignment , through new equipments, realizing faster and more reliable alignments.
- Alignment between shafts, detection of deviations and correction in real time.
- Vibration analysis , using a data collector equipment and spectrum analyzer in real time, with incorporated expert system. Moreover, it allows to carry out previous analysis on site.
- Melting of: white metal, aluminum, bronze and melted iron.
- Static and centrifugal metallizing
- Thickness measurement with ultrasonic equipment (certified by Bureau Veritas)
- Metallographic inspections
- Cold welding
- Radiographic inspections with "X" rays, up to 33 mm thick in steel plate
- Inspections by magnetizable particles
- Inspections by penetrable tints
- Inspections by ultrasonic
- Repair of controllable and fixed pitch propeller systems for ships.
- Repair of seal boxes Simplex and Sublime, of propeller systems for ships.
- Control of systems.
- Tests, diagnostic, and repair of steering systems for ships.
- Crane bridge with lift capacity up to 10 tons.
- Repair of equipments and auxiliary machinery components for ships and equipments for usage in field such as:
- Pumps, capstans and winches
- Oil and fuel oil purifiers
- Separators of oil and fuel oil
- Desalination plants
- Test stand for pumps up to 15 kg/cm2 and valves of 1.1/2 PG to 5 PG.
- Fabrication and repair of piping circuits
- Confection of threaded and welded circuits
- Pressure tests, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Chemical cleaning
- Valves repairing
- Thermal covering
- Test, diagnostic and repair of heat interchange units and cooling equipments.
- Utilization of pipe system bending machine with capacity of 12 MM to 100 MM diameter
- Thread machines with capacity up to 2 PG diameter
- Diagnostic and repair of:
- Hydraulic Cranes
- Variable pitch hydraulic systems
- Design and installation of hydraulic circuits and elements
- Diagnostic and repair of failures in oil hydraulic generating units, hydraulic valves and oil hydraulic actuators
- Control and repair of hydraulic circuits
- Flushing for hydraulic systems up to 3.500 PSI
- Flowmetric flux tests
- Static and dynamic tests to hydraulic elements
- Diagnostic and final tests to hydraulic elements through high pressure hydraulic centrals, up to 3.500 PSI (35 GPM) and medium pressure of 1.500 - 1.800 PSI. (10 and 15 GPM).
- Diagnostic and repair of:
- Starting systems, acceleration and operation changes
- Valves and pneumatic actuators
- Variable pitch pneumatic systems
- Engine supervision systems
- Flushing to pneumatic systems
- Design and installation of pneumatic circuits
- Diagnostic, repair and confection of decompression chambers.
- High pressure test stands, up to 3.500 PSI and one of less pressure up to 150 PSI
- Watertightness tests to pneumatic systems
- Spooling of electric machinery, single-phase and three-phase, up to 400 HP
- Annealing and stabilization of the quality electric insulating varnish according to IEEE Norms, by means of a constant and controlled temperature furnace.
- Behavior analysis of the insulating material coating, electrical winding protector, using present instrumental
- Design and construction of automatization systems of principal and auxiliary machines
- Electrical commands of heavy machinery
- Control and supervision systems of electric generator groups.
- Calibrations of thermal and magnetic protections, overcharge and short circuit.
- Diagnostic and analysis of electronic cards function, by means of actual instrumental
- Measurements to communication equipments: HF - UHF
- Efficiency diagnostic for two-way radio sets and receivers
- Measurements of sensitivity, modulation and distortion
- Diagnostic and repair of navigation equipments:
- Echo Sounder
- GPS equipment
- Magnetic compasses
Dry-docking and refloating in marine rail, with characteristics as follows:
- Lift capacity of 3.570 metric tons.
- Displacement through rollers on a rail fabricated in structural steel.
- 120 meters long and 26 meters wide
- Hoist by means of electric winch
- Transference line of 212 meters long and a parallel line of 135 meters long with 9 docking positions.
Manoeuvres and Diving:
- Maneuvers and diving
- Tests and certification of dynamic and static traction capacities
- Inspections and submarine repairs
- Bollard Pull tests to vessels
- Maneuver and marine works
- Submarine structural repair
- Salvage and rescue of bilged ships
Careening and Carpentry:
- Main activities in careen area:
- Cleaning with water jet up to 7.000 PSI, in hulls and tanks
- Preparation of hull areas, structures and auxiliary equipments by abrasive method (sand and granulated metal) or manual cleaning
- Painting application by Airless method
- Painting application by solid volume, such as Spray Guard, with equipments of compression ratio from 10:1 to 80:1
- Main activities in carpentry area:
- Carpentry in creek: installation of internal coatings and furniture
- Transformations of habitability and accommodations
- Recovery works with fiber glass in hulls and auxiliary equipments
- Installation of Proreco and Poliespec for floor covering