- Production engineering with specialized employees experienced in inspections, diagnosis and repair recommendations; thickness measurement using ultrasound.
- Eight ton/day CNC cutting capacity, composed of roller structures, bender and press in thicknesses ranging from 4 mm to 75 mm.
- Assembly of previously prepared structures, panel, block and other structures of up to 40 tonnes, following international building codes.
- Competent personnel with vast experience in large scale repairs, modifications and transformation of self-propelled and non-self propelled vessels.
- Qualified welders certified by different classification societies companies for normal, high resistance and special steel, aluminium and stainless steel welding, under qualified manual, semiautomatic and automatic arc welding processes.
Hull and Docks
- Specialized labour and qualified professionals with international certification (Nace/Ezar).
- Incorporation of leading edge technology for treating surfaces with high-pressure water and great surface cleaning capacity using abrasive jets.
- Equipment for the application of special coatings.
- High-performance work on PRFV (plastic reinforced with fibreglass).
- Injection and projection of rigid polyurethane foam.
- Definition and execution of static and dynamic testing of manoeuvring, loading and lifting elements.
- Reconditioning of the mechanical systems of ships, such as: propulsion systems (shaft + propeller), SIMPLEX seals (official representative) and other brands and systems (e.g.: Cedervall), deck and manoeuvring equipment (cranes, capstans, windlasses, accommodation ladders, etc.), pumps (seawater, freshwater, oil) and valves (seawater and freshwater, sanitary, boilers, scuppers).
- Reconditioning and repairing anchor manoeuvring equipment.
- Fabrication of spare parts using bronze, aluminium and iron casting.
- Repairs using specialized welding (e.g., propellers).
- Heat treating (hardening, tempering, cementing, stress relief, etc.) and forging of mechanical elements.
- Analysis of materials and non-destructive testing by certified personnel (UT-VT-PT-RT-MT techniques).
- Repairing and reconditioning of shafts up to 18 metres long/24 tonnes/1.6m diameter.
- In situ machining using bar lathe for up to 600 mm in diameter/4-meter long bars.
- Balancing rotors and elements up to 11 tonnes/3 metres in diameter.
- Fabrication of parts using conventional and CNC techniques.
- Repairing parts affected by wear and tear and mechanical damages through welding or projection of metal particles at low temperature.
- Mechanical Engineers and Technicians, Internal Combustion Specialists, trained in Chile and abroad, on MTU, Caterpillar, MAK, Wartsilla, Man B&W, Paxman, and Pielstick motor brands.
- Quality control system with clearly defined and controlled processes for motor walkthroughs.
- Inspections performed to assess components in order to reuse them if possible and thus minimize the high cost of new spare parts.
- Non-destructive inspections to assess the condition of the components.
- Injection laboratory, with testing and adjustment banks for injector pumps and all motor injectors . Three testing and adjustment banks for speed regulators, enabled with electronic controllers.
- Electronically controlled motor testing bank, with capacity for testing motors of up to 6600 KW.
- Engineers and Technicians with vast experience in all areas, and capable of addressing complex projects.
- Multiple makes; excellent work on equipment and systems made by different manufacturers in the required timeframes.
- Testing banks for different equipment units, including 380V, 750 KW or 440V up to 1,100 KW generators.
- AVTRON bank capacity for voltages ranging from 110V to 690V.
- Multiple Specialties; Electrical Controls, Power Electronics, Surveillance and Control Systems (Sivicon), Pneumatic Controls, Electrical Channels, Refrigeration, Electro-chemistry, Electric Machines, Batteries.
- Sub-specialties; tools, winding, balancing, vibrations, welding and painting.
Boilers and Pipes
- Experience in manufacturing pipe circuits in a wide range of materials including black steel, stainless steel, copper-nickel and aluminium bronze in diameters from ½” to 16”.
- Fabrication of circuits from 1¼” to 4” in black steel and copper-nickel with bending machine.
- A team that is experienced in repairing heat exchangers, boilers, evaporators and both repairing and fabricating new heat transfer equipment in general.
- Manufacturing and installation of thermal insulation for all types of circuits.
- Capacity to manufacture ventilation systems, gas exhaust systems and accessories in general, in sheets up to 4 mm thick in materials such as black steel, stainless steel, zinc alum and bronze, among others.
- Fluids mechanics (high pressure hydraulics and pneumatics, hydraulic and pneumatic testing laboratories, quantitative oil analysis equipment, flushing units).
- Precision mechanics (metrology, preparation of drawings, precision mechanics, borers, lathes, milling machines, lapping, rectifying).
- Repairing and engineering of complex systems, especially: navigation radars, navigation assistance systems, control and surveillance systems, communications and echo-sounder systems.
- Repairing and experience in multiple layer printed circuit boards (PCB), with THT and SMD technologies, component and PCB reengineering.
- Reverse engineering of systems, recovery of electronics damaged by freshwater and/or seawater, installation of structured cabling, recovery, fusion and assembly of fibre optics connectors.
- Building of custom testing banks, using the latest hardware and software technology available in the market, for example: LabView, Proteus, USRP, RF generators defined by software, PCB cleaning machines with ultrasound and vaporization, IFR vision system for imaging diagnosis, equipment signal and excitation simulation equipment, among other things.
- Highly trained personnel qualified in control electronics, power, SCADA systems design and repairs, PLC configuration and programming, micro controllers, FPGA, civil and military radiofrequency systems.
- Comprehensive development of the engineering process starting from the conception of an idea, for projects that involve changes in systems, conversion or modernization of ships, installation or replacement of equipment, while carrying out technical feasibility studies and proposing alternatives, according to Customer requirements.
- 3D Scanner . Engineering for Ballast Water Management System installation.
- Laboratory certified by the Instituto Nacional de Normalización (INN), in compliance with ISO 17.025 (Chilean) standard, in magnitudes of pressure, torque, length, temperature and electricity.
- All calibration work is performed under controlled environmental conditions, with adequate infrastructure and by competent personnel.
- All equipment and/or instruments, including primary and reference standards used in performing the calibrations, are maintained with current and traceable calibration to national and international standards.