Thermal insulation for machinery and facilities for naval and terrestrial use, using materials such as:
- Ceramic fibre density 8
- Fibreglass insulation (EKC-622)
- Mineral insulation
- Cork sheets
- “ARMAFLEX” elastomeric foam in sheets and tubes
- Fibreglass sheets with cloth
- Fonac Pro 50 mm sheet acoustic insulation.
Preparation and installation of insulation for turbines, steam pipes, steam machinery, boilers, refrigeration chambers, water pipes, habitability, ventilation ducts, gas exhaust ducts, lining in PVC and acoustic insulation.
Boilers and Heat Exchangers
Full inspection and repairs of marine and terrestrial boilers, including:
- Renovating pipes
- Renovating furnaces
- Repairing double shell and insulation
- Repairing smoke boxes and smokestacks
- Renovating forks
Complete fabrication of heat exchangers or modification of the original design. Heat exchanger inspection and repairs, including:
- Renovation of tube bundles in steel, bronze, copper and copper nickel alloy
- Repairing sheets
- Repairing double walls
- Hydraulic testing
Hydraulic testing of heat exchangers up to 1,200 psi. Measuring thicknesses and corrosion wear.
Fabricating and repairing pipe circuits made of ASTM A-106/ASTM A-53 carbon steel, A-53 galvanized steel, AISI 304-309-316-L stainless steel, type K-L copper, hard or soft tempered, copper nickel 90/10 alloy and PVC hydraulic and sanitary line.
- Manual arc welding(SMAW), TIG (GTAW), MIG (GMAW), autogenous welding, brazing, spot welding of thin sheets, thermo fusion up to 2”.
- Fabricating and repairing pipes for low and high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
- Assembly of Ø ½” to 24” steel pipes.
- Circuit testing up to 4,000 psi.
- Fabrication of thin sheet ventilation ducts in aluminium, carbon steel, zinc steel and stainless steel.
- Fabrication and pressing of flexible hoses.
- Cleaning by immersion.
- Cleaning on site.
- Manufacturing and finishing furniture and coating fine wood in chambers and cabins.
- Fabrication of snatch blocks, hook blocks, masts, gratings, blading, lining holds.
- Repairing and installing deck woodwork, rubbing strakes and sides of vessels and ships.
- Manufacturing shoring, foot bridges, outriggers, masts, booms, oars, flagpoles, gantries, stoppers, etc.
- Fabrication of models for smallcraft matrixes.
Fabrication of parts.
Caulking of wood deck.
Preparation of jigs.
Preparation of Ecological Surface and Hull Under Body
- Preparation of surfaces of hulls, structures, auxiliary equipment and tanks, using the Garnet ecological abrasion method and metal shot blasting. Manual cleaning, recovery of paint schemes and dents.
Application of Schemes
- In small vessels on underwater hull and upper works and in large vessels on superstructure, decks, tanks and inside using the Airless method; application of solid high volume paint, such as: Spray Guard, conventional painting with paint gun for epoxy, alkyl and polyurethane schemes. Application of schemes on Yachts.
Installation of Intershield 6GV (Prorreco)
- Full deck scheme (anticorrosive, rubber, non-slip) and in interiors coating floors in colours.
Diesel Engines, Turbochargers
Reconditioning of diesel engines of up to 65,000 HP, including dimensional inspection, dismounting and dismantling (depending on the size), chemical cleaning, hydraulic testing, repair and adjustment, painting, mounting, issuance of technical reports, diagnosis, repairing turbo chargers and testing bench up to 2,100 HP and 4,000 RPM.
Commonly repaired brands: CATERPILLAR , SEM PIELSTICK, PERKINS, MAK, LISTER PETER, DETROIT, MTU.
Total or partial reconditioning of high, medium and low pressure reciprocating and centrifugal air compressors in their varying capacity ranges.
Commonly repaired brands: INGERSOLL RAND, HATLAPA, REAVELL, WILLIAMS, ATLAS COPCO.
• Motor mounting and alignment.
• Mounting of remote control system.
• Motor pumps.
• Small craft shaft lines.
• Installation of outboard motors.
• Hydraulic testing of engine block and cylinder heads, coolers, supercharger housing, cooling system, lubrication system, fuel system.
• Crankshaft vacuum testing.
• Rectification of valves and valve seats.
• Installation and/or alignment, using resins.
• Fuel and lubricant circuit particle sweep cleaning.
Gas Turbine Maintenance
Testing bench for naval gas turbine burners.
Cleaning and testing of Tyne, Olympus and Spey gas turbine burners.
Maintenance work for land gas turbines.
Electric Machines and Accessories
- Preventive and corrective maintenance to rotating alternate and continuous current electric machines, both for marine and land use.
- Detection of failure and repair of control circuits.
- Propulsion alarm and safety surveillance panel systems for naval area.
- Repairs and installation of fire detection systems.
- Manufacture and installation of electric instrumentation.
- High and low voltage electric channelling in power and lighting circuits.
- Manufacture and mounting of electrical panels.
- Balancing rotary machines.
- AVTRON testing bench for electric generators and alternators.
- Dynamic testing of electric motors.
- Repair and maintenance of electronic equipment in general, and installation of security, communications, navigation and combat systems.
- Inspection and diagnosis of printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Inspection, diagnosis and maintenance of turn signal equipment, navigation radars, Decca 252 and Raytheon R80.
- Inspection, diagnosis and repair of communications equipment, audio systems and satellite TV system equipment (UCA, ANTENA, PCU, etc.).
- Installation of communications network in structured cable (Twisted Pair, Coaxial Cable and Fibre Optics).
- Certification of Twisted Pair and Coaxial Cable communication networks.
- Installation of security systems, biometric access and CCTV surveillance via TCP/ IP.
- Installation of navigation system, electronic charting and instrumentation.
- Installation and automation of weapons and defence systems.
- Installation of satellite television systems.
Steel Plates and Profiles
Afloat repairs using procedures approved by Classification Societies (steel and aluminium).
- Hulls (underwater, upper works, decks, bulkheads, interior stiffeners (frames), sheet replacement.
- Superstructure (davits, booms, hatches, watertight doors, cranes).
Fabrication of liquid fuel tanks.
- Measuring thicknesses using Level II ultrasound in plates from 2 to 30 mm.
- Non-destructive inspections with Level II penetrating liquids.
Pneumatic testing of tanks.
Static and dynamic testing of booms and manoeuvring elements.
• Maximum load with dynamometer: 50,000 Kg.
• Maximum load with ballast (weight): 65,000 Kg.
Fabrication, repair and installation of general plate structure work, using carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel, special steel and aluminium alloys.
- Furniture and consoles.
- Air ducts.
- Cable trays.
- Pipe wrapping, heat exchangers.
- Electric panel boxes.
- Air, water or oil filters.
- Sheds, stairs and miscellaneous metal structures.
- Manual arc (SMAW)
- GTAW process (TIG, tungsten inert gas)
- GMAW process (MIG, metal inert gas)
- FCAW process (flux core welding)
Stress relief thermal treatment
Special welding (AWS standard):
- SMAW (manual electric arc)
- GTAW (tungsten electrode welding with or without filler metal)
- GMAW (aluminium SAFE BOAT welding)
- HP/HVOF (High Velocity Oxy Fuel)
- HVAS (High Velocity Arc Spray)
- CRSP (Ceramic Rod Spraying)
Naval and civilian engineering projects in the areas of Naval Architecture, Stability, Structures, Mechanical, Electricity and Electronics.
- Designing small crafts.
- Calculating stability and power.
- Industrial design equipment.
- Equipment installation and mounting.
- Designing low and high pressure piping.
- Developing motorboat re-motorization projects.
- Modernization of hyperbaric chambers.
- Designing metal structures.
- Mounting gantry cranes.
- Validating manoeuvring elements.
- Design and analysis of electrical power systems.
- Designing medium and low voltage electric protections.
- Measurement, calculation and analysis of groundings.
- Integration of control circuits in ships, vessels and land facilities.
- Designing ventilation, air conditioning and acclimatization systems in general.
- Developing projects for vessel modification.
- Designing planned maintenance programs for naval and land equipment vessels.
- Designing hybrid electric generation systems.
Machine – Tools
- Vertical lathe.
- Horizontal lathe.
- Special lathe.
- Manufacturing gears using form milling.
- Manufacturing gears for generation.
- Exterior cylindrical rectification.
- Interior cylindrical rectification.
- Flat surface rectification.
- In-situ rectification of shafts (crankshafts and propeller holder).
- Special in-situ machining.
- Hydraulic testing bench for cylinders, motors, safety valves, directional valves and adjustment of safety valves, with pressure capacity of 0 – 3,000 psi and flow of 0 – 150 lts.*min.
- Static testing bench for flexible hoses with a range of 0 – 6,000 psi.
- Transferring pumps with a capacity of 40, 60, 80 lts.*min. Filtering set with filtration capacity from 1 micron.
- Counting of particles with comparison count equipment (patch method). Analysis of failure in hydraulic fluid and pneumatic circuits and components.
- Hydraulic fluid flushing up to 1000 (lts./min).
Recovery of Parts and Pieces
Recovery of components can take place by applying various techniques, including:
Using the following processes (AWS standard):
- SMAW (manual electric arc)
- GTAW (tungsten electrode welding with or without filler metal)
- GMAW (Aluminium SAFE BOAT welding)
These welding processes allow dimensional restoration of components, which recover their mechanical resistance. A wide range of alloys are applied such as: steel, bronze, stainless, super nickel-based alloys and others.
This technology allows the application of metal and non-metal alloys at low temperature without altering the metallurgical and/or mechanized properties of the part.
The Calibration Laboratory is accredited in the magnitudes pressure, temperature and length by the Instituto Nacional de Normalización (I.N.N.) in compliance with ISO 17025 (Chilean) Standard of 2005 “General Requirements for Competency of Testing and Calibration Laboratories”. In addition it has calibration services capacity for magnitudes of electricity, torque, mass and RPM, which comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
In this manner, ASMAR guarantees a calibration service that it is traceable to national or international calibration patterns and the technical competence of its Laboratory.